Amazon A+ Content The COMPLETE Guide [WITH EXAMPLES]
Amazon A+ content transforms an existing Amazon product listing into a sales converting powerhouse while also boosting visibility in Amazon product searches and reducing ACoS in ads.
Formerly known as Enhanced Branded Content, Amazon A+ Content acts as a sales page or landing page on your Amazon product description, enabling Amazon Sellers & Amazon Vendors to add additional imagery, video & text content to sell more effectively.
You’re going to get my EXACT process to create Amazon A+ Content that sells as a top-rated Amazon Consultant.? You will be an expert at Amazon A+ Content.
What is Amazon A+ Content?
Amazon A+ Content, formerly Enhanced Branded Content, is featured listing content that effectively showcases a product with the purpose of driving sales.
This content includes:
- High-quality imagery
- Comparison Charts
- Additional Product Details & Sales Copy
Brand Registered Sellers can use up to 5 modules and provide a far superior user experience for Amazon Customers, which leads to increased sales.
Amazon A+ Content is the new minimum viable effort of Amazon Product Listings when considering Amazon Listing Optimization.
Imagine your own landing pages on your website.
You use high-quality images, videos, charts & more to sell your product.
You do this because this type of content does the best job of selling your products.
The concept is the same, you have a mini-landing page on your Amazon listing that helps you convert more customers.
Amazon A+ Content Examples
Here is an example of Amazon A+ Content from Sparkle Collagen Peptides:
Now, let’s compare that to a traditional Amazon product listing bullet point section:
Which example looks like it does a better job at selling a product to you?
The normally featured bullets or the Amazon A+ Content?
You can see from the Amazon A+ Content example that the product is showcased in a way that increases the product’s perceived value.
Let’s take a look at another A+ content example from Colux.
As you can see, they do a fantastic job right from the header instilling trust and social proof in the customer with the “As Seen On” badges.
From there, they make understanding the use cases simple with the use case bubbles.
What’s more, they increase the perceived value of the product nicely by showcasing the various formations you can make with the product.
This is important for this product as their competitors do not have this.
I schedule daily calls to solve problems quicker & easier.
Sticking with highlighting competitive advantages, they focus on how their product glows in the dark along with some powerful copy.
Another item worth pointing out is how they blend the “how to use” section in visually, which also increases perceived value.
Lastly, the always powerful comparison chart, highlighting key competitive advantages over competitors.
NOTE:??Most customers will not read long blocks of text in your A+ content, so leveraging image blocks to sell your product visually is key. (Don’t forget the alt text to add your keywords to your A+ content images.)
Select Amazon Vendor Central sellers can take this feature one step further.
What is Amazon Premium A+ Content?
Big box brand 1P Sellers (1st Party Amazon Sellers, also known as Amazon Vendors) who have been invited to the Premium Program have access to premium features of A+ Content.
Also, startups who are members of Amazon Launchpad have access to Premium A+ Content.
These features will appear in the “from the Manufacturer” section on the Amazon product listing.
This includes?7 modules?instead of 5.
Premium A+ Content features are:
1) A+ Premium Content Interactive Hover & Click
This A+ Premium Content from Bose showcases the hover and click A+ content.
Why It Sells:??Interactive content boosts engagement by psychologically compelling you to interact.? This makes it easy and enjoyable to learn more about particular features of interest.
2) A+ Premium Content Slider Gallery
This A+ Premium Content from Huggies does a great job of showcasing the premium yet practical aspect of their brand.
Why It Sells:??The content slider gallery not only invites users to interact but also allows brands to convey main selling points in a visual manner.
3) A+ Premium Content Videos
This A+ Premium Content example from Wyze is a great example of the explainer video done well.
Why It Sells:??Well done explainer videos hooks the viewer, demonstrates that you understand their problem or desire, creates a need to have the desire or solve the problem, features your product as the best or only solution, and then initiates a sale through a strong call to action.
4) A+ Premium Content Product FAQ
This A+ Premium Content from Huggies does a great job with their FAQ.
Why It Sells:??One of the best tactics to increase Amazon sales is to look through your products Questions & Answers section as well as your competitors and address them front and center in your product listings.? This works because you are able to highlight key features and address objections in your own words that do the best job of selling the product.
5) A+ Premium Content “In the Box”
Here is an A+ Premium Content example from Amazon for the Fire Stick.
Why It Sells:? One of the most common questions in the Questions & Answers section of a product listing is “What comes with the item?”.? Addressing this straight away not only answers the question, but increases the perceived value of the purchase by beautifully showcasing everything that comes with the product.
6) A+ Premium Content Product Comparison Chart Widgets
This A+ Premium Content example from Bose showcases the product or feature comparison.
Why It Sells:??Being helpful and offering all the critical information to execute on a purchasing decision in one place, preventing users from bouncing around to different products drastically reduces friction points, thus leading to sales.
Don’t Lose The Buy Box
Get Your Simple Guide To Win Back A Lost Buy Box.
More Premium A+ Content Modules Come & Go:
An item of note is that other A+? Premium Content modules come and go on Amazon listings.
- Video Loops
- Featured Testimonials
- Featured Order Now
- Featured Subscribe & Save
The reason for this is Amazon constantly tests different types of A+ Premium Content to identify what converts the best.
Premium Amazon A+ Content Example
This example from the Bose Soundbar does a great job at leveraging many kinds of Amazon A+ Premium Content to drive sales.
Using a combination of multiple modules that do the best job of leveraging the strengths of a product and mitigating its weaknesses is the strategy you’re after.
That said, who can create Amazon A+ content?
Who Can Create A+ Content?
While Premium Amazon A+ Content is currently reserved for invite-only big box Amazon Vendors, standard A+ Content is available to Amazon Vendors and brands who are part of Amazon Brand Registry.
With that in mind, the benefits to sellers are significant.
What Are The Benefits of Amazon A+ Content?
The benefits of creating Amazon + Content for your products are powerful for Amazon sellers.
Amazon A+ Content Benefits:
- Amazon Listing Optimization:? A+ Content optimizes your listing for increased sales and discoverability.? According to Amazon, sellers who use A+ Content can see increased conversion rates up to 10%.
- Increase Amazon Reviews:? Listings with Amazon A+ Content tend to get more Amazon reviews.
- Amazon SEO:? Not only do you increase your discoverability in Amazon search, but the alt text associated with the A+ Content images helps improve the Amazon listing discoverability off of Amazon on Google.
With both on Amazon and off Amazon benefits, it’s no question why creating effective Amazon A+ Content is at the top of the priority list for Amazon sellers.
Amazon A+ Content Image Sizes
What Are The A+ Content Image Sizes?
- Logo Image:? 600 x 180
- Image Header with Text:? 970 x 600
- Standard Image & Dark or Light Text Overlay:? 970 x 300
- Standard 3 Images with Text:? 300 x 300
- Standard Single Left Image:? 300 x 300
- Standard Single Right Image:? 300 x 300
- Standard Single Left Image:? 300 x 300
How To Create Amazon A+ Content That Converts
This is the step by step process to create Amazon A+ Content that converts sales and drives visibility in Amazon Product Searches.
STEP 1) Select Advertising and head to A+ Content Manager
STEP 2) Select Start Creating A+ Content
STEP 3) Select Add Module
STEP 4) Select Your Modules
You can see from the screenshot that you can scroll through the list with a variety of modules to choose from.
It really is as simple as selecting a module and entering your content.
Then, just apply your ASIN’s and you’re done.
The process is the same as many drag and drop website builders.
That said,?which modules should you use?
Here is my exact formula to create Amazon A+ Content that converts sales.
Amazon A+ Content Formula:
- Showcase your logo
- Use a full-width image that illustrates what it feels like to get the benefit of using your product
- Highlight key benefits
- Highlight key features
- Address common questions or objections
How you structure your Amazon A+ Content from top to bottom greatly depends on the types of products you are selling.
Not everyone clicks through the Amazon image gallery, so your primary objective is to make things obvious such as:
- Sizing, Fit, Finish
- Interconnectivity, Compatability, Non-compatibility
- Common Use Cases, Common Use Locations, Typical Use Environments
- Awards, Certifications & Specifications
If you have simple products that everyone already understands how to use, focus on what makes yours superior to the competition while showcasing your products being used in the real world.
Lifestyle images of happy people using your product are a big value add to anyone’s Amazon A+ Content.
TIP:? User-generated content sells.? Partnering with Amazon Influencers and getting permission to use the powerful lifestyle imagery they create for you makes for high converting A+ content.
If you have complex products, use your 5 modules of real estate to educate the consumer on how to use your product, why your method is the best and spend time answering common questions visually.
The Best Amazon A+ Content Template Framework
The easiest way to think about the best Amazon A+ Content template is to consider that ultimately, this is a landing page.
So, you would treat it the same way.
Your goals are:
- Establish Trust & Credibility
- Showcase you can solve their problem or fulfill their desire
- Prove you can solve their problem or fulfill their desire
- Answer Frequently Asked Questions
- Demonstrate you’re superior to competitors
- Demonstrate how to use, how to maintain and ease of ownership
- Showcase other products from your product line that are alternatives or enhance this product
Here is what that looks like
- Not all products are suited for every single module described here.
- There are 9 modules here and unless you pay for premium A+ content you only get 5.
- If you do need all 9 modules here, you will notice one of the modules that Amazon offers is called: Standard Image Header with Text this is double the height of the modules described here at 970 x 600.? This will allow you to quickly and easily combine the modules listed above to save on modules.
That said, there will still be questions, let’s get into them.
Amazon A+ Content Frequently Asked Questions
In my experience, here are the most frequently asked questions that I get regarding Amazon A+ Content:
What is the Best Template For Amazon A+ Content?
I’ve found the following A+ Content setup the best:
- Logo Image
- Image Header with Text or Standard Image & Dark or Light Text Overlay
- Standard 3 Images with Text
- Standard Single Left Image
- Standard Single Right Image
- Standard Single Left Image
What Are The Goals of Amazon A+ Content?
- You are taking a deeper dive than you could in Amazon Product Bullet Points or the Product Description area.
- The goals are similar:
- Unique Value Proposition
- How to Use / How To Wear
- Faq & Objection Handling
- Product Specifications
By the way, having great products that are not selling is agonizing, so is navigating Amazon Seller Support, SEO, PPC & more.??
I can get you where you want to go quicker & easier.
Click?here?for a quick free consultation.
- Amazon A+ content transforms an existing Amazon product listing into a sales converting powerhouse while also boosting visibility in Amazon product searches and reducing ACoS in Amazon advertising.
- Formerly known as Enhanced Branded Content, Amazon A+ Content acts as a sales page or landing page on your Amazon product description, enabling Amazon Sellers & Amazon Vendors to add additional imagery, video & text content to sell more effectively.
- Amazon A+ Content is available to Brand Registered brands selling via Amazon Seller Central and Amazon Vendor Central.
- Premium A+ Content is available via invite-only to big box brands selling 1st party via Amazon Vendor Central.
- Amazon A+ Content is the new minimum viable effort on Amazon to drive sales.
- After you’ve created your A+ Content, your next step is to drive traffic to your Amazon Product Listings with proven tactics like Amazon Influencers, Amazon SEO & more.